Monday, April 18, 2011

Blog 10

I found this remix to be really interesting: http://www.themusicninja.com/hip-hop-led-zeppelin-stairway-to-hip-hop-heaven-gramatik-remix/

I liked this song because I felt it encompassed much of what Lessig was talking about the "digital cupboard", where only a few separate ingredients create one dish, but when new ingredients are added, it can change the dish completely. This remix caught my attention right away as I am a big fan of Led Zeppelin, and an avid fan of remixed music. This new song by the producer Gramatik, provides listeners with another mellow yet bubbly remix.

Another point that I might relate my song to is when Lessig states "the meaning comes not from the content of what they say; it comes from the reference." Most people, when browsing through their music collection usually stop and enjoy some Led Zeppelin (if they know whats right for them), because the already know that it is enjoyable music. When remixes emerge using popular songs such as Stairway to Heaven, people seem to stop and listen only because they have heard the original before.

No comments:

Post a Comment